Above Ground Pool Pumps
In The Swim Knowledge Pool: Above Ground Pumps
Above Ground Pumps produce lower flow rates to match with smaller filter flow rates and a shorter distance to the pool. Most above ground pool pumps are not self-priming, with exception to Pentair Dynamo - because they are installed at or below the water level, so they are always primed with water. Above ground pumps are built with sturdy 48 Frame motors, for years of reliable performance.
Pool pumps function to circulate water from your pool and through the pool filter so that contaminants and particles can be removed to keep your pool water safe and clean. The In The Swim selection of pumps for above ground pools includes energy efficiency from the best swimming pool pump brands like Pentair.
Above Ground Pool Pumps:
- • Accept 115V only, most above ground pumps include a power cord.
- • Have 1.5” threaded ports, vertical or horizontal discharge.
- • Available with single speed or dual speed motors.
Selecting a Replacement Above Ground Pump
The best replacement pump for your above ground pool is usually the exact match of your current pump, or the same make, model and horsepower, to match up to your pool filter design flow rate. If you want to increase horsepower size, you may also need a larger pool filter. Consult the filter label or specs for Design Flow Rate to select an above ground pool pump that will match the pool filter flow rate.
- • Avoid up-sizing a pool pump, unless your filter and plumbing can handle higher flow.
- • Different pumps have different flow rates, even between the same horsepower size.
- • Consult the Pump Flow Charts, and your Filter Design Rate of Flow, or give us a call!
In The Swim’s team of pool experts are always on-hand to answer any questions you may have regarding pumps for above ground pools or any of the pool supplies found at In the Swim. Please feel free to phone or email our friendly customer service. Most of our above ground pumps arrive with fast shipping and processing, because we know that new pool pumps are often needed urgently!